In the EDU, you may be part of the augmented [BCom: 3 years / BBusSc: 4 years] or the extended [BCom: 4 years / BBusSc: 5 years] academic development degree programmes. The major benefits are as follows:
- Your progress is monitored, and you will have a mentor in your first year.
- You have regular contact with the programme coordinator, where you can discuss and work out solutions to your day to day and academic concerns.
- There are regular opportunities to interact with your fellow students to develop and practice collaborative learning and communication skills.
- Specific support is provided in Mathematics, Economics and Accounting.
- Academic workshops are offered at all levels in the programme.
- Senior AD students mentor 1st-year students -Leadership skills are developed.
- A Self-development course is provided in your 1st year.
- A variety of interventions develop different skills throughout the degree.
- Yearly awards ceremonies acknowledge academic achievement.
- Your overall development and the nurture of graduate attributes are actively encouraged.
NO! It is important to remember that a student who has completed the AD BusSc/BCom requirements will be awarded precisely the same degree certificate as a student who has completed the mainstream BBusSc/ BCom.
This depends on your National School Leaving (NSC) results. You can be placed either in the augmented (3 or 4 year) programme or an extended (4or 5 year) programme.
Depending on your National School Leaving (NSC) results, you may start on a 3 or 4-year programme, but by mid-year of the first year, there are opportunities for flexibility to extend your degree, should you need to do so.
The EDU Admissions page has useful information on the entrance requirements for Commerce, NBTs, how to apply and the deadlines.