- Thesis title: Squeezed, peeled or jammed? The interaction between producer and labour agency in the global fresh fruit value chain: a case study of apple farming in Grabouw
- Thesis title: Innovation in West African firms
- Thesis title: Essays on Institutions
- Thesis title: An Economic History of Mozambique from the mid-nineteenth century to the present: Institutions, Infrastructures and Economic Change Under Colonial, Socialist and Market-Driven Imperatives
- Thesis title: Intellectual Property Rights and Competition Agreement in the AfCFTA
- Thesis title: From OAU to AfCFTA: Analysing the prospects for economic development in Africa
- Thesis title: The ACFTA as a Vehicle for Boosting Intra-African Trade: A Critical Analysis of the ACFTA as an Effective Framework for Organised Informal Cross-Border Trade in Africa
- Thesis title: An Assessment of the relationship between Law, Trade in Services and Development in Africa: Challenges and Opportunities
- Thesis title: The ECOWAS-EU Economic Partnership Agreement and Internationalization of Economic Duress: A legal Analysis of the Impact of Economic Pressure on Development
- Thesis title: The World Trade Organisation’s Trade Facilitation Agreement: Prospects for Improving Trade in the Southern African Development Community
- Thesis title: A critical survey of Universal Basic Income experiments.
- Thesis title: Matching sectors for employment intensive and low-carbon energy development in South Africa.
- Thesis title: Outward investment by South African apparel retailers and the development of regional value chains.
- Thesis title: Competing conceptions of the most-favoured-nation principle: an analysis of the extent to which the formulation of the MFN clause reflects the relevant negotiating history of GATT 1947
- Thesis title: Cryptonetworks: The Incentive-based Economics of Blockchain
- Thesis title: Toward cooperative governance of resource security – is Africa getting in its own way?
- Thesis title: Lowering market entry barriers through electric vehicles – a possible manufacturing case for motorcycles in developing countries
- Thesis title: Agro-processing and regional integration
- Thesis title: The auto sector and regional integration
- Thesis title: Regional integration in the EAC
- Thesis title: Kaizen in SA automotive component firms
- Thesis title: Efficiency comparison of online and offline markets: evidence from the two largest US retailers
- Thesis title: The determinants of depressed feelings: intrinsic and behavioral characteristics and the relevance of gender and ethnicity
- Thesis title: An analysis of spectrum allocation for the mobile phone services
- Thesis title: Gender divide in use of communications technologies
Current graduate students in the Policy Research in International Services and Manufacturing unit.